Breeding Rottweilers for Amazing Families
After more than three decades with Rottweilers, I sometimes think I am part Rottweiler myself. I’ve had eight of my own in that time and fostered dozens more through my work in breed rescue. While each dog is an individual—some are serious, some are more playful, some are social—there are breed traits and facts that you can pretty much expect with a Rottweiler.
Rottweiler Do’s & Don’ts
1. Do not leave your Rottweiler outside when you are not at home.
2. Keep fresh water available to your Rottweiler at all times.
3. Never leave a collar or training device around your Rottweiler’s neck while left unattended.
4. Do not feed your Rottweiler one to two hours BEFORE or AFTER an exercise period. Doing so could cause the dog to bloat and result in death.
5. Always use a pet carrier when transporting your Rottweiler. Never put your dog in the back of a pickup truck.
6. Do not allow children under the age of twelve to be alone with your Rottweiler.
7. Do teach children to be loving and respectful of your Rottweiler.
GENERAL ROTTWEILER QUESTIONS
At what age do I spay or neuter my Rottweiler?
We recommend that you spay at about 2 years old and females should go through a couple full heat cycles first. The longer you wait before spay or neutering your pet will lessen the chance of your Rottweiler getting cancer.
Research from Dr. David Waters DVM, PhD, of Purdue University has proven that dogs spayed or neutered under the age of 1 year of age have a higher risk of cancer.
Do you dock the tails of your Rottweilers?
WHAT IS A BINDER AND WHY DO YOU REQUIRE IT FOR ME TO RESERVE A PUPPY?
CAN I VIEW THE PUPPIES BEFORE RESERVING?
Puppy shipping is actually quite discreet, especially when talking about special breeds like Rottweilers.
Welcome to Rottweiler Spot
Our cheap Rottweiler puppies for sale have allergy-friendly fleece and wool coats. Approximately 50% of our customers have asthma or dog-related allergies and our puppies have achieved a 98% success rate with sufferers. Please note the F1B Generation Rottweilers are suitable for allergy/asthma sufferers because they do not shed.